LeatherPenguin @ BlogSpot

THE BACKUP BLOG==<< THE REAL BLOG >>== OLD STUFF LIVES HERE

Thursday, March 11, 2004

LILEKS (James) The Bleat

OK. I admit it:
There surely is a God, and I wonder if He didn’t create this universe so it could lead up to the moment of absolute sublimity I am experiencing now. It’s not my surroundings that please, although they’re fine – the kitchen is clean, the dishwasher churning away, the flowers on the table still giving off a faint sweet scent. It’s not the knowledge that I can sleep an extra 15 minutes tomorrow morning and hence can watch some TV for the first time in five days when I’m done with this. It’s the three items to the left of my laptop: a small ration of Maker’s Mark, a wedge of Irish Cheddar Cheese, and some thin Italian meat derived from a pig. I’m not saying that the universe was designed solely to lead up to this moment of bliss, but I wouldn’t discount the idea right away.
I'm more times than not insanely envious of Jimbo's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home