LeatherPenguin @ BlogSpot

THE BACKUP BLOG==<< THE REAL BLOG >>== OLD STUFF LIVES HERE

Friday, November 07, 2003

Internet Tax Ban Stops Dead in Senate (TechNews.com)
This has gotta be passed. And screw the language crap: if you use dial-up, DSl or cable, you are already being taxed. Just look at your bill. read the fine print, the stuff concerning "additional fees" and such.

If this goes through it'll seriously screw everything up. How do they intend to quantify it? I'm running off a cable modem. It's on all the time, but I'm not accessing it all the time. And what if two of my machines are online at the same time? Do I get double-hit? And if I'm a 56K dial-up customer, I'm paying less than the DSL and cable guys, right? Why does the cheap bastard get taxed less than me? Because he's accessing the Net at a slower speed? It is still ACCESS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home