LeatherPenguin @ BlogSpot

THE BACKUP BLOG==<< THE REAL BLOG >>== OLD STUFF LIVES HERE

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Colorado Studying Eliminating 12th Grade
If this isn't the dumbest thing I read about today, I will be shocked. It reeks of "teacher's union scam." instead of dealing with 17-18 year old kids who are at the point where they are ready to take the world by storm and are ready to question everything, ship them out! Replace them with drooling little tykes who are much easier to deal with!

Nuts. Just plain nuts. When I hit college, I found most of my fellow students were clueless, and the teachers all thought the same thing. The first paper I handed in to my English 101 teacher had a note scrawled under the "A" at the top of the page: "See me." I walked up to the desk and asked him what was the problem. "Look," he said. "You're getting an "A" for the class, but don't just go through the motions. These other assholes bore the crap out of me. You should read some of the shit they handed in."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home