LeatherPenguin @ BlogSpot

THE BACKUP BLOG==<< THE REAL BLOG >>== OLD STUFF LIVES HERE

Saturday, June 21, 2003

Warren Zevon's bright twilight One of the best, ever. The Excitable Boy is maybe the best songwriter I've heard. Anyone who only knows "Werewolves of London" has missed a Master. And now, we're losing him. None of my heroes seem to want to be around for this millenium. The Ramones are gone (FUCK John). Joe Strummer is gone. Johnny Thunders is gone; Tom Petty broke his heart when he let his record company sue Johnny into the Stone Age for the name "Heartbreakers."

The Dead Boys are, well, dead boys. Costello and Jackson turned into NancyBastards™. Pete Townshend is a freakin' pedophile. Nobody has gotten around to smacking Ritchie Blackmore upside the head.

I'm so fuckin' bummed right now I swear, I may slap Kansas on the deck and ....

At least Warren flipped the bird at the guy with the scythe.

I always catch myself humming, "da-de-ya-da-da-da-dada" and muttering "the shit has hit the fan."
Usually, I'm in a mall watching credit cards melt when I'm muttering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home