LeatherPenguin @ BlogSpot

THE BACKUP BLOG==<< THE REAL BLOG >>== OLD STUFF LIVES HERE

Friday, May 23, 2003

Feds Charge ISP Workers in Gov't Scam
I know this is an old story, but the owner just pleaded guilty yesterday.
The reason I find this interesting is that searching our local fishwrap's website doesn't return anything concerning the case. Which is surprising, since Connect 2 was Staten Island's first big-time ISP, and except for TimeWarner Cable, the biggest.

I was one of their first customers. I got off the ferry one evening after work and saw their banner splayed across the building housing their offices and ran to their offices. I was finally going to be able to get straight access to the 'Net from a local company; I was giddy with local pride and relief that i didn't have to pay the farking phone tolls to use a 212 dial-up connection anymore. After I signed up I demanded a job from Oscar, one of the conspirators, who was a pretty nice dude.

I guess I'm gonna have to go down to their building in St. George sometime today and piss on their grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home